The 5 Steps to SafeCert Centre and Trainer Approval
Step 1 – Complete the Centre Approval Form (Please ensure it is fully completed and all boxes are ticked plus the form is signed and dated.
Step 2 – Complete the Trainer/Assessor/IQA Application Form. You need at least two completed forms. One form for the trainer/assessor and at least one for the IQA. You can’t assess and IQA your own courses, so please ensure you have a separate application from another IQA. Please ensure you attach copies of all safecert centre approval certifications. Without both assessor and IQA forms the application cant progress to approval. For example if you are applying to assess First Aid Awards, then attached copy of the following:
- Teaching Award – Attach copy of PDLSG, PTLLS or Education and Training Award etc. Also please attach at least one assessor and one IQA approval forms.
- Assessing Award – Attach copy of D32/D33, A1, TAQA or First Aid Assessing CPD. Also please attach at least one assessor and one IQA approval forms..
- Subject Award – Attach copy of current First Aid at Work, FPOS Intermediate, Nurse etc. Also please attach at least one assessor and one IQA approval forms.
- IQA Award – If applying as IQA, then attach copy of D34, V1, IQA or IQA CPD Award. Also please attach at least one assessor and one IQA approval forms.
Step 3 – To gain approval as a centre you need a number of company policies to gain approval. As a number of new companies may not have these policies we have attached a word template for each of these. These templates are just examples, which you then need to adapt to your own requirements and once confident with your policies, email to us with the full application.
- Policy 1 – Health and Safety Policy
- Policy 2 – Equal Opportunities Policy
- Policy 3 – Enquiries and Appeals Policy
- Policy 4 – Complaints Policy
- Policy 5 – Data Protection Policy
- Policy 6 – Malpractice and Maladministration Policy
- Policy 7 – Internal Quality Assurance Policy
- Policy 8 – Safeguarding Young People and Vulnerable Adults Policy (If working with under 18 group or vulnerable adults)
Step 4 – Attach a copy of your public liability insurance. You also should seek advice on professional liability etc, but we only need a copy of the public liability. If you don’t already have this, you can try for example the following:
- Insurance – https://www.directlineforbusiness.co.uk/
Step 5 – Complete the EQA Booking Form (An EQA – External Quality Assurer will come to your centre to conduct the approval visit. You then just check you have everything with this CHECKLIST, Please Note: Your application will be delayed and no approval will be granted, until all documentation in this checklist has been received and approved. (Before sending this application please keep a copy at your centre for future EQA visits). Please send the full centre application to the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Centre Applications – SafeCert Awards, 38 Main Street, Gortin BT79 8PH
Remember you have the rights to complain about our service, or any application you make for centre approval. See the complaints policy HERE.
If you wish to add further awards to your centre approval then complete the form below.
- Additional Awards Approval Form – Complete this if you are an already approved SafeCert Awards centre and wish to add further awards approval to your centre.